Confession: I am all about clothes that I can wear and take off in less than a minute.
It’s so hot and humid in the Philippines right now, which is why as much as I’d want to put on cardigans and chambray polos,I just can’t. Plus I’m already admitting the fact that on most days, I’m a lazy dresser, and I think it has lots to do with the fact that where I’m from, a tank top, shorts, and sandals would be appropriate for like, anywhere you go.
So what’s a good thing to wear when you decide to hang out with your friends, have a few refreshments and walk around in the summer heat?
1. Something white– You don’t want to attract and absorb heat by wearing dark colors, and white always looks fresh and effortless.
2. Denim– There’s nothing that says casual more than jeans or denim, it’s a laid-back look thats comfortable and says you’re not really trying to impress anyone except you are because you’re a fashionable superstar.
3. Subtle Accessories– Because Less is More, and you have to let people take a closer look at that really cute and delicate piece of necklace you’re wearing, and not have to scream for attention like that girl you absolutely hate who’s wearing a spiked and studded neon green and pink accessory. You’re way classier than that.
4. A Clutch Bag/ Mini Bag– It’s always practical to bring just your essentials, most of the stuff we carry in our bags are things we don’t really use, and you surely don’t want to be carrying your whole make up kit, laptop and everything else for a lunch out with your friends do you?
5. Rocking Sunnies Because You’re a shady and mysterious celebrity in your own right and you only thrive in the night, and the sunlight blinds your eyes. I’m kidding! haha, but seriously, they can be a lifesaver if you haven’t done your winged eyeliner yet or if you simply just live in sunnyville, because the sun always shines wherever you are 😉
Photography By: Patrick Dee
(Mango Top and Bag/ Zara Jeans/ Nine West Sandals/ Bazaar Necklace/Fetish Sunnies)