Hey guys! Have you ever been in a situation where you’re caught between travelling light or being fashionable? Well in this article, I’ll show you how you can get the best of both worlds. I’ve managed to round up some traveling tips for you so packing will be a breeze the next time you travel in the city (because a beach essential travel post is a different story and let’s hope I’ll be able to write that post soon) So worry no more, because now, I’ll be showing you what I brought with me during my Hongkong and Macau trip for more than 10 days on a 15kg baggage allowance. *yes you can do it, and yes it is very possible*
So here goes– usually, when I pack,I make sure to pick out the essentials first (clothes , hygienic products, chargers and gadgets and shoes) and then I move on to the accessories which include jewelry,bags and shoes.I try to do a little research on the weather beforehand and match the clothes that I want to wear or the look I want to achieve, and build my outfits from there. I also make sure I have a pouch for everything so things are kept organized. I have a pouch for shampoos,body wash,conditioner, make up-removier,toner and facial wash, another for accessories, a different one for make up, another for chargers, another for shoes, and another for used undergarments. (take notes guys this has helped me soooo much!)
Moving on,listed below are are my top ten picks (in no particular order)on what to pack to make sure you stay fashionable while traveling light at the same time
1.Your trusty tank top and flats (preferrably in basic colors too so it’s easy to match)
(Zara tank top and flats, H&M shorts)
2. A cardigan/ sweater for the airport and for those of you who easily get cold like me.
3. A staple dress for occasions and days when you are lazy to think of two pieces of clothing to wear. In my case, I try to look for a dress that could pass as a day dress and something I could wear at night too. I’m especially in love with this mustard Zara dress since it also suits my skin tone.
4. Nude/pale pink heels for those days when you want to dress up and take a good outfit photo.
(@wear.strut – I could run around in these heels all day! In fact, i actually did)
(Charles and Keith pale pink block sandals)
5. Statement shades (to add spunk to your bae-sic clothes)
6. Casual Jeans (for those days when you need to walk around a lot)
(Zara white ripped jeans and ripped denim)
7. A white top (that you can pair with anything)
(Harlan + Holden white turtle neck top)
(white Zara blouse paired with my black tank top underneath)
8. A good skin care routine, because what is fashion if you don’t take good care of your skin?
(after removing my make up, I use the Kiehl’s deep cleansing calendula facial wash and this SK-II facial toner to get rid of breakouts and to minimize the pores)
9. Gold and silver accessories
10. And last but not the least, make sure you pack your camera to take photos during your trip, to keep memories of the place, to look back at that exact moment, and to remember and treasure that feeling you once had forever.
(with my Fujifilm XT10 and 35mm lens)
(photos above taken with my XT10)
Hope you enjoyed this post! For more of my Hongkong posts, click here.
Get my look: